Helping Our Group Financially/Paypal (the cheque/check is in the mail... )

...but you don't need one if you deposit electronically!

Your support is very important to us. Very few people can deal with the range of invasive problems that the frogs we receive have, but there are many expenses associated with all types of animal rescue and care. Without public support, we wouldn't exist. There are many ways to donate and it doesn't always need to be cash - goods and services are important, too - but the majority of costs still rely on plain old money (rent, phone, electricity, etc.). These days, there are a range of options to make donations including automatic transactions such as $5 per payroll or $10 per month through your online banking system. The electronic ones are probably the most secure but cash is still fine too if you are local to us. We have donation boxes at several Cairns shops and we hope to have some at Mission Beach businesses soon, too.

Via cheque/check or money order:

This can be used by anyone within Australia or overseas but there IS a loss rate to mail and we have already had issues with membership and donations disappearing without ever reaching us - so please only use this option if you have no others. If you are making a large donation, it is still worth posting but please use registered/certified with a signature required on this end.

In person deposit:

Our accounts are with Westpac who has branches everywhere in Australia. If you would like to use this option, please email us for the correct account details to use. It is by far the most secure way to donate and allows you to be anywhere near a Westpac branch in Australia and still use cash.

Online banking, EFT's, and payroll deduction:

Only available for customers in Australia, this is cheap, fast and easy. Email us to provide details for your receipts (to be snail-mailed) and to request account details for the correct account.

Credit cards:

We can't afford the costs involved with setting up and maintaining a merchant account but you can use other services such as SecurePay (link for this soon - account is still being opened) as a transfer service if you wish to use your credit card.

Outside Australia:

We have had enough difficulties with PayPal that we have decided to close our account. We will be opening an account with an Australian service called SecurePay which is actually run by Austalia Post. However, this service only processes payments using credit cards. There are fees removed before we receive the money but until our account is up and running, we won't know how much yet. We can only receipt for what arrives in our bank account so the receipt we issue to you will be what we receive after fees. As soon as we have the new account setup, we'll update this page! In the meantime, all the other transfer methods described above are still good.

For our overseas supporters, we will scan your hard copy receipt and email this to you along with pdf files for froggy materials we have produced which can be printed out on your end (such as posters). We prefer to send hard copy goodies but the postage rates and the loss rates of international mail make it too costly to get these items to you.

Some additional information:

To contact us for banking details or any other questions, the email is:

admin [at] frogsafe [dot] org [dot] au


  • your name and postal address
  • the amount you have sent
  • whether this is a one time donation or part of a regular payroll deduction
  • whether you want your donation to remain anonymous

If you are a business wishing to take up a sponsorship, this will still be tax deductable to you as an advertising expense.

Just a few of the urgent items we need financial support for are:

  • normal running costs for the group's vehicle for the next year (rego, services, comprehensive insurance, petrol and maintenance)
  • our vehicle is 17 years old and still runs well, but the next major repair could be a "fatal error" for the car or be expensive enough to shut down our group! We need to locate another compact automatic car in very good running order between say, five and ten years old. Perhaps you know someone who is trading in their vehicle or someone who is including their vehicle in a will or property settlement?
  • income to employ several paid staff, as no non-profit organisation can make a real difference without at least some paid staff
  • we need to pursue three different operational areas which are not being pursued sufficiently now due to lack of funding - they are: to have a paid educator to do school talks; a location next to WHA where we can conduct breeding activities and run a small visitor's centre; and toxicology testing to prove that chemicals are the cause of frog decline. All three of these activity areas need substantial support and none of them can be supported by government grants. The money must come from private sources. The only area that can be covered by government grants is if a property is made available to us under a long-term covenant. Then joint applications can be lodged with the owner to qualify for all kinds of sustainability and habitat improvement programs.

Any and all help is appreciated. Even a deduction of $5 per payroll adds up over the year. If you have any questions, just let us know, and thanks for your concern but more importantly your action for our dwindling frog populations.